The on-going safety and well-being of our members is of the utmost importance to us. This is why we are currently taking the necessary steps to not just meet, but exceed the minimum requirements put forth by our provincial health officials. Although our doors are still locked, we are working behind the scenes with Vancouver Coastal Health, WorkSafeBC, and the City of Vancouver to ensure the smoothest possible transition towards reopening on Monday, June 1st, 2020. We are currently inside putting up covid-19 prevention signage, moving equipment around to ensure proper physical distancing, and making important changes to our overall programs and services outline. Understandably, the post-covid Spartacus Gym will be very different from the pre-covid version. We ask for your on-going patience and understanding during these difficult and challenging times for us as a business and as a community. Please understand that the ‘easy’ move would be for us to simply reopen our doors and pretend that it’s business as usual. But in order to continue serving our community in the most responsible way possible, we will be targeting Monday, June 1st, 2020 as our official reopening date. This will give us an opportunity to closely monitor this situation and see if any additional changes to the restrictions will be put forth by our government in the following weeks.
For the time being, here are the top 12 changes that you can expect from the post-covid Spartacus Gym:
1. We have resumed our regular hours of operation. Monday to Friday from 5:30am to 10pm, weekends and holidays from 8am to 7pm.
2. All group classes are temporarily cancelled for the time being.
3. All machines and benches have been repositioned to allow for a minimum 6-feet of physical separation. Some equipment which cannot be moved further apart due to their size and weight -like our strength-training machines – have signs placed on them to only use if the machine beside it isn’t being used by a different member. Some of our cardio equipment – like our treadmills – have been deleted so that only every other machine will be turned on.
4. At this point in time, making reservations to come to the gym will not be required but this is subject to change at any given moment. Since we do not yet know how busy the gym will be on a day-to-day basis, we cannot accurately impose a maximum occupancy limit until our second week of reopening. Additionally, we will not be imposing a maximum time limit for the first week, but this is also subject to change after our first week.
5. Please arrive to the gym already wearing your workout gear as the change rooms (i.e. lockers and showers) will not be operational.
6. You will be expected to arrive to the gym with your hands already thoroughly washed. If you need to wash your hands at the gym, you will be able to use the sinks in the change rooms as well as the sink by the front desk. Additionally, we will have multiple hand sanitizing stations distributed throughout the gym.
7. Our water fountain and bottle filling station will not be operational so please bring your own water bottle from home. We will have small and large bottles of water and other drinks available for purchase at the front desk.
8. We will not be permitting any single day drop-ins or trial workouts during this time. The shortest duration membership we have for sale will be a 1-week membership.
9. We have hit capacity during weekday peak-hours: 5pm to 7pm. At this time, we will only be accepting new members who plan on training outside of these hours. We also urge our returning members to train outside of these peak hours whenever possible.
10. No super-setting or circuit training between multiple benches or machines will be allowed. Moving the benches from their designated locations will also not be allowed.
11. In order to create more useable space in the busiest parts of the gym, we have moved our deadlift platforms into our studio. Deadlifting will only be allowed in the studio.
12. In an attempt to avoid any unnecessary line-ups, we are encouraging everyone who would like to register for a membership to do so by emailing: Info@SpartacusGym.ca
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to shoot us an email or find us on Instagram and Facebook.